There are a lot of fast players in college football, but these guys just have that extra gear. This is always a fun feature on HP to put together. Enjoy.
The top 10, based on recorded sprint times in track:
1. Trindon Holliday, LSU–The 5-5 sprite has a best of 10.02 in the 100 meters which, for those of you who don’t know, is blazing. He ran the time in the heats, on his way to finishing second in the 100m at the recent NCAA Track and Field Championships. The rising sophomore carried the ball 14 times for 172 yards (14.3 average) last year for the Tigers, scoring one rushing TD and returning five kicks for 162 yards and another score.
Below is video of Holliday scoring his touchdown. Note how easily he breaks the pursuit angles of some rather speedy defenders.
2. Jacoby Ford, Clemson–Ford ran a 10.23 this past track season for Clemson. He caught 15 passes for 187 yards and 2 touchdowns and added 104 yards on 8 carries as a true freshman last season.
He takes a punt to the house in the video below.
3. Jamaal Charles, Texas–Charles is at the No. 3 spot, as he ran 10.32 for 100 meters and 20.83 for 200 meters this past track season. He ran a wind-aided 10.13 as a freshman and a best of 20.62 in the 200m. He was fifth in the 100m at the NCAAs as a frosh. In football, he ran for 831 yards and seven TDs.
Some highlights of Charles:
4. Jahvid Best, Cal–Best is an incoming freshman for the Cal Bears with a best of 10.36 in the 100 meters and 20.65 in the 200 meters, which he ran this past June. The 5-10, 183-pounder ran for 3,325 yards and 48 touchdowns as a senior at Salesian (Calif.) High.
Best highlights here.
5. Jamere Holland, USC–Holland has a best of 10.36 in the 100m, but he redshirted last year for the Trojans.
6. Brandon Saine, Ohio State–Saine, an incoming freshman running back for the Buckeyes, has a best of 10.38 in the 100 meters.
7. C.J. Spiller, Clemson–Spiller has a best of 10.41 in the 100 meters, which he ran this past track season for the Tigers. He ran for 938 yards and 10 touchdowns as a freshman last season.
Spiller takes a swing pass 80 yards here:
8. Percy Harvin, Florida–Harvin has a best of 10.43 in the 100m. He had 428 rushing yards and caught 34 passes as a freshman.
9. Travon Patterson, USC–Patterson has a best of 10.44 in the 100m. He caught 3 passes for 63 yards for USC last year.
10. Deonte Thompson, Florida–Thompson is an incoming freshman receiver for the Gators with a best of 10.47 in the 100 meters.
Corrections? Additions? They are welcome in the comments section below.Powered by Sidelines