It’s very early, but here are my top 10 team heading into next season. While this past year was exciting, there weren’t really any great teams. Expect next year to feature a wealth of great teams.
1. Georgia–Everyone is back, though the Dawgs will have to leave the South for the first time since 1965 when it plays at Arizona State.
2. LSU–Think the Tigers will be down? Think again. They will actually be upgrading at quarterback and running back.
3. Florida–The Gator defense can only get better. Expect USC transfer Emmanuel Moody to be the runner Urban Meyer has been looking for.
4. Oklahoma–The Sooners might end up being the best team if Sam Bradford can avoid a sophomore slump.
5. West Virginia–The Greatest Show on Earth is apparently back, as Steve Slaton is expected to return to the Mountaineers.
6. USC–Having the most talent in college football will once again assure the Trojans of at least a Pac-10 title.
7. Ohio State–The Buckeyes were young this year. Next year they’ll have the best running back in the country to lead them.
8. Arizona State–Dennis Erickson has things rolling in the Desert. The Sun Devils figure to be better in Year Two.
9. Texas–I think the emergence of John Chiles will help the Longhorns return to previous form.
10. Missouri–Chase Daniel will be a prime Heisman candidate and the Tiger offense should once again be potent.
On the cusp–BYU, Michigan, Kansas, Oregon, AuburnPowered by Sidelines