Stats so far: 99 for 153 (64.7 percent) for 1,323 yards, 10 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, 153.68 rating, 139 carries, 551 yards, 3.96 YPC, 8 touchdowns.
Games to go: Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Florida International, Florida State, SEC Title Game
Best Route to the Heisman:
1. Win out.
2. Average over 200 passing yards and two touchdown passes per game the rest of the way out, while scoring at least one rushing touchdown per game. This would allow Tebow to finish with about 2,400 passing yards, 20 touchdown passes and another 13 touchdowns on the ground by the time of the Heisman vote.
3. Ingram bottled up in losses to LSU and/or Florida; McCoy has weak finish to season.
4. Heroic performance in SEC title game win.
1. Gators lose SEC title game.
2. McCoy and Ingram finish strong.
3. Tebow fatigue among Heisman voters.
I see Tebow as the third option in the race right now, but based on how the season has gone, it wouldn’t take much for him to catapult back into the role of favorite. However, I think the burden of proof is on him to show Heisman voters that he is clearly deserving of that second trophy. That proof is murky right now and the more murky the race, the less it is to his benefit.