“I’ve been going back and forth all season trying to sort out who is the most outstanding player. I look at it this way: If you take that player away from his team, how would that team do? To me, Florida has more athletes and more weapons than Texas, so if you take McCoy out of that mix, there’s no way Texas comes close to playing for the title. You can say something similiar with Tebow, but I think the Gators still probably could get it done since John Brantley appears to be such a capable backup. To me, this all signifies someone who is truly outstanding. So, right now, it’s McCoy by the slimmest hair over Tebow on my ballot. But I’m going to remember what Gerhart did against Notre Dame, too. I’m going to weigh that against Tebow and McCoy’s games on Saturday.” — a Heisman voterPowered by Sidelines
From a Voter
About HeismanpunditChris Huston, A.K.A. ‘The Heisman Pundit‘, is a Heisman voter and the creator and publisher of Heismanpundit.com, a site dedicated to analysis of the Heisman Trophy and college football. Dubbed “the foremost authority on the Heisman” by Sports Illustrated, HP is regularly quoted or cited during football season in newspapers across the country. He is also a regular contributor on sports talk radio and television.
The HP Heisman Watch
The latest Heisman Straw Poll
Total points, (with first-place votes in parentheses)
1. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU — 25 (7)
2. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon — 21 (3)
3. Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin — 4
About The Author
Chris Huston, A.K.A. ‘The Heisman Pundit‘, is the creator and publisher of Heismanpundit.com, a site dedicated to analysis of the Heisman Trophy and college football.
"The Heisman's Foremost Authority..." -- Sports Illustrated.
"Heisman Pundit knows what he's talking about ...
which is more than I can say of some pundits."--Fox Sports's Stewart Mandel
"Heisman Pundit isn't just the authoritative site for all things Heisman...it's also an engaging, highly-opinionated place for college football discourse."--Fox Sports's Bruce Feldman
"Heisman Pundit is the quintessential source for analysis of the greatest individual trophy in the sporting world."--The Big Ten Network's Tom Dienhart
"Indispensable."--SI's Austin Murphy
"...definitely required reading."--Those nutjobs at EDSBS
- HP on hiatus April 10, 2016
- No. 1 Rule for NFL Prospects During the Draft Process: Don’t Get in Trouble March 15, 2016
- Teams That Will Surprise Bettors This College Football Season February 17, 2016
- Heisman odds recap January 12, 2016
- Will Missouri kill the SEC’s playoff hopes? October 18, 2014
- Were Ohio State’s J.T. Barrett and Curtis Samuel robbed in Heisman Trophy voting? – Home of the Ohio State Buckeyes: […] paper, J.T. Barrett is the near-perfect ...
- How Michigan’s Do-It-All Star Jabrill Peppers Can Become The First Defensive Heisman In Nearly 20 Years – Found It Elsewhere: […] on everything we know about Heisman poli...
- Why Ohio State's J.T. Barrett Is the Perfect Heisman Trophy Candidate | BeautyCribTV: […] Heismandments, according to Huston, are ...
- How to win a Heisman Trophy: Breaking down the massive field into tiers - Sports News King: […] prolific statistics. Shout out to Chris ...
- How to win a Heisman Trophy: Breaking down the massive field into tiers - Sports Divisons: […] prolific statistics. Shout out to Chris ...