HP’s Preseason Top 10 Teams

5. Ohio State

6. TCU

7. Arkansas

8. Florida

9. Oklahoma

10. Stanford

Just missed the cut: Virginia Tech, Auburn, Oregon, Cincinnati, Nebraska, Florida State, Wisconsin, Georgia, Houston, Notre Dame

18 Responses to HP’s Preseason Top 10 Teams

1. CloroxingTheGenePool August 3, 2010 at 5:42 am #

Mine:
    1 Texas
    2 Boise State
    3 Florida
    4 Ohio State
    5 Georgia
    6 Oregon State
    7 Wisconsin
    8 Alabama
    9 Miami
    10 California

2. Craw Force One August 3, 2010 at 10:43 am #

As a huge Texas fan, I am of course thrilled to see that you have the Longhorns in the #1 spot. Would you mind explaining your reasoning? This isn’t me questioning your prediction, I am just curious as to what specifically draws you to the Horns.
    Thanks.

3. Ed Newman August 3, 2010 at 11:09 am #

I think Texas is a bit of a reach at #1 (you’re putting a lot of faith in an inexperienced and unproven QB regardless of how heralded he is or how good he looked in a bowl game) and Miami is a real reach at #3. You did this last year as well when Miami got off to a good start and you had them as high as #4 and Jacory Harris as high as #3 in your Heisman watch. Neither wound up in your top 15 at the end of the year. What you didn’t account for then and still aren’t factoring in now is that their talent is not yet ready and worse, even if it was ready they don’t have the coaching in place to turn it into a top 5 team.

4. Ed Newman August 3, 2010 at 11:11 am #

Sorry, I misread where you have Miami (#2). Even worse.

5. Anonymous August 3, 2010 at 2:50 pm #

Quit smoking crack HP.

6. Ted August 3, 2010 at 3:24 pm #

My guesses for why Texas No.1. On ESPN their early 2010 rankings are
    1 Alabama
    2 Ohio State
    3 Boise State
    4 Oregon
    5 Texas
    Alabama last year had a good offense not great, I believe we will see more of the same, however, they have A LOT to replace on defense and I don’t feeling comfortable putting them No 1. They will lose 2 games in my opinion. I am not a big fan of Ohio State. They did finally get the job done in a bowl game, but I believe Oregon was a weak Pac 10 winner, they had absolutely no defense, Stanford and Oregons St. just scored and scored over and over against them. I would like to see them (Ohio State) beat an SEC power, Texas, Oklahoma, or USC. On the other hand Boise, in my opinion is not the same caliber week in and week out. They just out coach opponents in big games. And while I explained Oregon earlier I believe it is worth noting that their preseason Heisman QB candidate is no longer on their team.

I can understand putting them No. 1, I do not feel comfortable putting any team in the 1 spot at the current time.

7. Whooper August 4, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

WOW. I do like to follow your website but there is something here that I can’t follow. I understand that you base your rankings not on what “should” happen, but on what “will” happen. But how can you put Miami at number two? I’m sorry but there is absolutely no way that I can see that happening. I will eat my words if I am wrong, but I really do think you have some explaining to do.

My only other question is why Arkansas over Florida. Florida is returning enough firepower to scare anyone in the country and Arkansas is returing enought of last season to scare a couple of prognosticators into picking them in the west (but most are still labeling them as a dark horse). Do you really think that Bobby Patrino has the chops to make Arkansas the second best team in the SEC this year?

I’m sorry but I can’t see it. Mallett is good, but he just hasn’t done it. He had an opertunity to do it last year and they lost exactly as many games as they were supposed to. He hasn’t stepped up. At the same time Florida is starting someone that has never made a college start before but…

Meyer has proven that he can win in the SEC, Patrino has proven the he can beat teams he is supposed to beat. So here is the question (finally), Do you think that Arkansas could beat Florida? No qualifications, no neutral feild, just a saturday afternoon in the fall.

I would like to hear your reasons and then I will try to respond. (If you don’t decimate me with your logic. Which you have done many times before.)

8. AUman76 August 4, 2010 at 10:21 pm #

whew………. gonna need some time to stop laughin to select a real top 10.
    1 Auburn (why not, if HP can select ND as an almost made it?)
    2 Oklahoma cause they were #2 in 2004, as in an overated pile of shit and we’ll prove it again in 2010.
    3 Florida talent,talent and more talent
    4 Oregon State (cause the media loves the pac1)
    5 TCU actually pretty good
    666 Bammer(cause Lil Nicky has dark connections)
    7 Texas cause Mac Brown will cry if not invited to the party
    8 Boise State weak schedule = lot’s of wins
    9 Michigan State Cause I hate both daOSU and Michigan
    10 GaTech they gonna be much better than y’all think

on the cusp? everyone from the SEC except Vandy. lol (that one’s for you HP!)

9. Whooper August 5, 2010 at 7:45 pm #

AUman76 . . . LOVE IT! It also took me a while to stop laughing to reply to your post.

10. Mike August 5, 2010 at 10:50 pm #

Go Texas!

11. AUman76 August 6, 2010 at 9:55 pm #

Thanks Whooper, I don’t even wanna know how you got your name. lmao But at least you got the idea of the post. Some folks tend to get their panties in a wad over a lil verbal picture paintin. I like to keep thangs looser than Pam Anderson’s p—y. lol I saw that Tommy Lee video and it sure seemed like she love to eat meat? So what’s the fuss with this PETA thing? Oh wait…now I get it, she just loves to be connected to any kind of PETA. Ooops….I forgot this was a football site. Now back to your regular program.

12. A-train August 7, 2010 at 3:41 am #

horrible list how you came up with that idk but heres mine

1.alabama
    2.oklahoma
    3.florida
    4.texas
    5.ohio state
    6.miami
    7.boise state
    8.Tcu
    9.virginia tech
    10.florida state

talk to me when the seasons over so you can tell me how right i was

13. Huh? August 24, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

Nope, no way BSU or TCU finish 4-8. If either run the table with a couple of AQ teams on their schedule, they’ll be put into the Nat Champion game provided the SEC and the Big 12 don’t both produce undefeated teams, drop one and they’ll be sniffin on the cusp of the top 10, probably 11-13, with a faint chance of BCS bowl. Drop two? 20-25.

14. Huh? August 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

I do like Arkansas @ 7 though. Not sayin it’ll happen, but I’ll drink the koolaid. GO HOGS!!!

15. joe reed August 31, 2010 at 8:51 am #

did not know your site was out there
    good stuff keep it up
    love the razorback talk
    go hogs

16. RC Chandler September 1, 2010 at 11:46 am #

Could Arkansas beat Florida? In the opinion of many, they did last year – at the Swamp.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. How does Mallett stack up in the Heisman race? | The Slophouse - August 31, 2010

[...] the way, Huston is high on the Hogs as a program as well. HeismanPundit.com ranked Arkansas seventh in the nation in its preseason [...]

2. Reflections On Saturday | Heismanpundit - September 19, 2010

[...] also feeling pretty good about my preseason top 10 teams list, which included Arkansas and Stanford in the top 10.  That doesn’t seem to be a reach at [...]