HP’s Top 10 Teams, Week 4

8. Arkansas

9. Miami

10. Auburn

On the cusp: Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Utah, NC State

13 Responses to HP’s Top 10 Teams, Week 4

1. Floridan September 26, 2010 at 4:56 pm #

Undefeated Florida beats a 3-0 SEC team by 34 points and is ranked behind teams with a loss?

2. Chris September 26, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

I have a feeling Florida won’t be ranked after next week, but I don’t know why Arizona looks awful against Cal and only drops 1 spot.

…so maybe I do know why, I just don’t agree.

3. Brent September 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

What do you mean Florida wont be ranked after next week???

If UF wins they are top 5, if they lose it’s expected and they dont drop much. In any event they dont drop below 15.

That comment doesn’t make any sense…

4. Heismanpundit September 26, 2010 at 7:37 pm #

Florida hasn’t convinced me that it is there yet despite beating mighty Kentucky for the 24th consecutive time. BTW, Kentucky’s wins have come against Louisville (whose only win is against Eastern Kentucky), Western Kentucky and Akron. So, the fact that the Wildcats were 3-0 did not impress me much.

Furthermore, I think the teams ranked ahead of Florida on my list would beat them at this time. Obviously that could change as I see them improve (or not).

5. KG September 27, 2010 at 6:48 am #

Anyone who believes Oregon is better than Boise State apparently either lives in fantasy land OR they just choose to ignore what occurred in a place the rest of us call reality. When Oregon has played Boise State in the past (last two years) Boise State has OWNED Oregon. Get a clue.

6. Socraticsilence September 27, 2010 at 10:13 am #

While I don’t think Florida is great yet- though they look to be on there way if Saturday ends up a true indicator- they’d crush Miami- remember this is a Miami team that’s led by a QB who is a pick machine- vs. the a Florida Secondary that’s been insanely opportunistic- I can’t see Miami staying in the game vs. the Gators with Harris at QB.

7. Socraticsilence September 27, 2010 at 10:15 am #

Oh and as for Boise- I don’t think they beat a team like Florida or Alabama- or a Good USC (not this years team) for that matter- there’s a difference between teams with tons of talent that consistently handcuff that talent (Oklahoma, OSU, etc) and teams that let the talent smack teams around. This is not to say that in a resume ballot I wouldn’t rank them top 5- I would- but in a power poll frankly I don’t Boise stays within 15 of Florida or Bama simply due to the latter teams massive edge along the Dline.

8. Max September 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm #

Seems like a pretty good ranking, actually. The only piece I’d disagree with is that I’d put Florida at #9. I think they would beat Miami but probably not anyone else above that (yes, that means I believe Arkansas is better).

HP is right – the win over Kentucky means nothing. The very fact that someone called them a “3-0 SEC team” means that person has a very inflated view of the SEC. Kentucky just isn’t good, dude, as are several teams in the mighty SEC.

9. PAANNNTTTTHHHHHEEEEEERRRRRRR September 27, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

Where are Bill Curry’s Georgia State Panthers?

10. Floridan September 27, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

Max: “The very fact that someone called them a “3-0 SEC team” means that person has a very inflated view of the SEC.”

Since the BCS championship was inaugurated, An SEC team has won six out of the twelve games – with five different teams. Only one other conference (Big 12)has as many as two victories.

Right now six of the top 20 teams in the AP ranking play in the SEC, compared to 4 for the Big 10 and Pac 10, 2 for the Big 12 and the WAC and one for the ACC and MW.

Truth is, Kentucky would be more competitive within any other conference.

11. Brian September 27, 2010 at 7:14 pm #

There are times like these when people like Floridan speak, that I just really hate the SEC. They just give me impression that if two SEC teams play each other, they both win.

12. Dave September 27, 2010 at 9:31 pm #

I would put Kentucky 8th in the SEC right now. ACC? 7th or 8th. Pac-10? 8th or 9th. Big 10? 7th or 8th. Big 12? 6th or 7th, but it’s hard to read the bottom half of that conference right now.

I would move Stanford and Oregon to a tie for 3/4. Otherwise, the fact that spots 8, 9, and 10 belong to Arkansas, Miami, and Auburn tells you everything you need to know about 2010. Lots of special talents, lots of fatal flaws.

13. Ufbsbll9 September 27, 2010 at 10:19 pm #

I believe that Florida should definitely be high up on the list. TCU and Boise do not belong on the same field as Florida. Nebraska scored 19 points against a bad team in Division 1AA (FCS). They are just as unproven as Florida if not more. Florida would eat Terrelle Pryor alive a lot like they did “Heisman” winner Troy Smith. The SEC will win it again this year. Bama or Florida. All other conferences will fall short to these 2 national powers.

And as for Heismanpundit. Are you even watching college football? Florida beat kentucky by 34 points. Nebraska beat South Dakota state by 16 points. Do you even know who South Dakota state’s mascot is? That’s what I thought. BTW its the jackrabbits. So please explain to me how Nebraska has proven themselves to you to be ranked above UF and number 7 on your list. Nebraska has played the following teams so far- Western kentucky, Idaho, Washington(way overrated pre-season, good QB or not) and SDSU. And even if they beat a texas or oklahoma they too are unproven (UCLA killing texas) or (Oklahoma having near losses to Utah state, Air force and a Cincinnati team who lost all weapons on offense)