Ingram Third

Defending Heisman winner Mark Ingram is currently third in rushing yardage…in the state of Alabama.

8 Responses to Ingram Third

1. Chris October 5, 2010 at 6:09 am #

Ingram is tops in the SEC in yards/game and among the best in the nation in TDs and yards/carry. We all know Ingram was injured the first two games of the year… so selectively quoting stats that minimize his comeback are almost as low as ignoring LaStrangle James’ ugly off-the-field behavior.

2. Ed Newman October 5, 2010 at 7:12 am #

Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to poke the bear?

3. Heismanpundit October 5, 2010 at 10:49 am #

His numbers reflect why he ultimately won’t win the Heisman. Unfortunately for Ingram, he doesn’t get to play Duke every week.

4. JMB October 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm #

An unfortunate side-effect of this new era where juniors/sophomores competing for and winning the Heisman trophy is that almost every year, we are going to have to deal with fans of the previous year’s returning winner believing that should make him the favorite for the next year, and complaining incessantly when others disagree.

5. Chris October 5, 2010 at 2:36 pm #

JMB -

It’s not logical to say a past winner isn’t a viable candidate, but we’d have fewer disagreements if HP had excluded Leinart right after leaving his PR job at USC.

6. Heismanpundit October 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

My Heismandments were just a year old and I did not have the same confidence in No. 9 as I do now. Nonetheless, I was pretty clear in my preseason write up that he was highly unlikely to win and would probably end up in the top three instead (a prediction that was spot on and which you conveniently leave out in your continuing vendetta). Putting him on there was a bow to his college football Q rating at the time, just as putting Tebow 2nd in 2009 was to his.

7. Rob Mosley October 6, 2010 at 12:06 am #

Its not logical to make eveything about stats otherwise BJ Symmons is your heisman winner for 2003

8. Brandon October 6, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

Even as a Bama fan, I don’t believe Ingram will win it this year. I’m not even sure he SHOULD win it. Last year, I felt he deserved it because there were numerous times where he carried the offense on his shoulders. This year, so far, it doesn’t appear he needs to do that. There’s still a lot of time left for him to make a statement, but I think that statement will ultimately be “We’re a top team with a lot of play makers.”

I don’t feel Denard Robinson will win it, either, though. He’s going to get hurt. As it is, I don’t believe he’s made it through a complete game without having to come out because he was dinged up. Defenses will figure him out.

If Cam Newton continues on his pace, I believe he’ll have the better shot (especially if they could pull off an upset in Tuscaloosa) because while he’s doing many of the same things as Robinson, he’s a much larger, more durable player.

Terelle Pryor and OSU find a way to lose one they shouldn’t.
    LaMichael James ends up not getting enough East Coast exposure.

Just my two cents’ worth.