HP’s Final Top 10 Teams

8. Boise State

9. Alabama

10. Oklahoma State

On the cusp: LSU, Nevada, Arkansas, Michigan State, Missouri

12 Responses to HP’s Final Top 10 Teams

1. goAztecs January 11, 2011 at 12:33 am #

Completely unimpressed by those two teams who just played. Looked like poorly coached flag football. On a bad field. I’m pretty sure TCU beats both of them easily.

1. TCU
    Bunch of teams…
    15. SDSU

2. AUman76 January 11, 2011 at 2:21 am #

you’re an idiot. Good teams make each other look less than great. You’ve watched too many mis-matches. People like you are pissed off cause it wasn’t a high scoring game. That’s what you think football is these days but football is about defense. Defense won yet another Championship.
    TCU is a decent team but not that good. How many NC’s does the SEC have to win before you morons learn it’s the best conference with THE BEST TEAM every year? I already know the answer…..as a famous bammer’s mama once said, “stupid is stupid does”.
    Thanks for the laugh though.lmao

3. AUman76 January 11, 2011 at 2:28 am #

great logic there HP. The duckies are #4 yet they stomped the hell outta Stanford who you think is better than TCU which is also ahead of Oregon. That’s some great math you have created. Almost as good as Sagarin’s yearly ranking of pac1 conference SOS’s.
    By the way bammer has 3 loses including one to LSU and LSU has only two loses. Some more clear thinking on your part. Some things never change and your lack of a thought process is one of em. lmao.

4. CowboyKS January 11, 2011 at 3:13 am #

Good line-up. Surprised to see OkState but agree with your ranking given their offensive ability ahd playing strong into the end of every game.
    Swap out Arkansas for Boise and you’re good to go.
    Does Blackmon win the Heisman if both he and Weeden return?

5. JMB January 11, 2011 at 8:40 am #

Stanford is getting way too much end-of-season hype due to the press attention that has surrounded Luck and Harbaugh. There’s no way they should be ranked ahead of Oregon just based on beating #13 VT in a bowl game while Oregon lost a close game to #1 Auburn, given that they played head-to-head and Oregon won by 20 points.

6. AUman76 January 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

JMB,
    my thoughts exactly. It’s like sayin a head to head match-up is meaningless. If that were the case winning the BCS Bowl wouldn’t mean squat. I don’t like the BCS but for now we’re stuck with it till the $$$$$$$ hungry Uni Presidents and the ncaa grow a set and let us have a playoff. 37 days from one game till the next and we can’t have a 16 team playoff due to interupting class work? Sure that’s it? Has nuthin to do with guys like the Sugar Bowl Pres wanting everyone playin so his bowl could get a good game and higher ratings. Which means more cash for the Scroogs of college football. lmao

7. Max January 12, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

Congrats to the Auburn Tigers! I hope they enjoy their time as national champs before they have to vacate the title (and the Heisman) in a couple of years.

Speaking of obvious cheaters, Terrelle Pryor made a shocking announcement that he would be leaving to go to the NFL. I don’t understand why he would do that when he could come back to TOSU to serve a 5 game punishment for NCAA violations. Glad he got to play in a bowl game, though.

8. AUman76 January 12, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

no pay from AU so no vacating this Title Max.( a lil pun fer ya right there. In case you don’t have em in your neck of the woods it’s the name of one of those legal loan shark companies) But we will accept what’s rightfully ours when the BCS strips the 2004 trophy from USC. But thanks for the congrats. lmao
    So far as Pryor….his chances of sticking in the NFL is as good as ours. Sure some team is dumb enough to waste a draft pick on him and too much cash but such is the crazy world of pro sports.
    We’re gonna reload and a huntin we will go in 2011. WDE!
    My Tiger’s winnin was y’all’s worst nightmare huh?

9. Bucknut January 13, 2011 at 6:20 am #

Pryor said:

“When we got that first little five-game suspension, it definitely crossed my mind, because it’s five games,” Pryor said. “But then I looked at the Ohio State family and stuff like that and things I want to be part of as a senior. I still got a lot to learn and I can also go through the process of being a senior at this great university, so that’s what I took in and thought about.”

Ok now Max I don’t know where you get your info but the players made a pledge so with Tressel they won’t break it or they will be shunned by Buckeye Nation. Now if Pryor had the year Newton had: The Heisman, SEC and National Championships then it would be a no-brainer, but even Pryor said he had alot to learn about the qb position. They’re all coming back and the 5 game suspension will be whittled down to 3. Mark my words.

10. Bucknut January 13, 2011 at 8:24 am #

Your top 10 is bogus HP. Stanford got stomped by Oregon yet they are ranked above them. Wisky beat my Bucks and they are ranked above them. Explain the logic behind that.

11. AUman76 January 13, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

Bucky,
    I hope the other guys stay and help your Buckeyes but I beleieve y’all would be better off if Pryor moved on. What if his replacement lites it up? Does Tressel hand the job back to TP and risk messin with the team chemistry the new guy brings to the table.
    I hope Newton comes back but I’d rather have Fairley but both kids need the NFL money. So many of these kids take their families along with em on the American Ride. I wish they all would stay 4 years but my Goodness how will they ever make that kind of money in the real world even with 10 college degrees? Besides…my Tigers have two excellent backups and the best QB prospect, Frasier, we can ask for to drive Gus’s Bus.
    By the way logic and. Humm can’t get HP in the same sentence with l. There it goes again…the two words just don’t go together. lol
    By the way we still have 5″ of snow and melted snow that’s a sheet of ice. Gonna be around 5 degrees tonight. Not bad for alabamer. I have relatives from that state up north that moved down here this year and we had our first white Christmas that I can remember. I told em they gotta move back to that hell hole and they said it was to FN close to Ohio. lol Bad news is my cousin now sports a fn bammer cap. Needless to say I had a talk with em. Not sure when I’ll allow him back in my home but maybe by spring when he dons his Detroit Tiger’s cap. I’m a Braves man but understand his loyalty to his baseball Tiggers.
    Take care and hopefully I won’t freeze my Tiger tail off before this weather clears. WDE!

12. Bucknut January 16, 2011 at 9:25 am #

Yeah I got a chance to see Braxton Miller the incoming freshman qb play and he is awesome. No way in hell do I see Bauserman the starting qb, he should have stuck with baseball.