I sent a word out to all SIDs a couple weeks ago that I would be glad to feature your Heisman campaigns here at HP. With that in mind, here’s the submission from Fresno State on Derek Carr’s behalf:
Offense – Senior QB Derek Carr (Bakersfield, Calif./Bakersfield Christian HS) - Heisman Trophy Candidate, Davey O’Brien Award Semifinalist, Walter Camp Player of the Year Award Semifinalist, Maxwell Award Semifinalist, Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Finalist, William V. Campbell Trophy (Academic Heisman) Finalist
• Is responsible for 37 more touchdowns than he is turnovers this season, which leads all FBS players by three.
• Has an FBS-leading 39 touchdown passes against only four interceptions in 502 pass attempts.
• Has a current streak of 266 consecutive passes without throwing an interception, which is a school and Mountain West record.
• Throwing for 394.8 yards per game, which leads the nation. His 3,948 total passing yardage ranks No. 2 in the FBS despite the fact that he has played in one less game than every other player ranked in the top 5.
• Tied for the national lead in touchdowns responsible for with 41 and points responsible for with 246.
• Has thrown a touchdown pass in 30-straight games, which is the longest active streak in the FBS.
• Thrown for over 300 yards in 8-of-10 games this season and four or more TD passes in 6-of-10 games.
• His six games with 400-plus passing yards this year leads all FBS quarterbacks.
• Is one of 19 quarterbacks in FBS history to throw for over 10,000 career passing yards AND 100 TD passes.
• For his career, he has thrown 102 touchdown passes against only 20 interceptions in 1,473 pass attempts.