This was a very interesting Heisman vote, particularly the 2nd thru 6th spots.
Here is the breakdown by region:
|Far West||Pos.||Total Points|
Note: Ka’Deem Carey of Arizona finished sixth in the Far West.
Percentage of tabulated ballots on which the top 6 were named:
Winston — 87%
McCarron — 43%
Lynch — 37%
Williams — 32%
Manziel — 29%
Mason — 25%
Percentage of ballots received by week:
Week 1 — 1%
Week 2 — 18%*
Week 3 — 81%
* — represents all ballots received before games started on Dec. 7, 2013.
Number of ballots received and tabulated — 900 of 928 (97%)
Number of players receiving votes, by place:
First — 15 players
Second — 24
Third — 41
Total players receiving votes — 47
(39 received votes in 2012)
- Winston is the second freshman to win the Heisman
- He is the 14th Heisman winner to exceed 2,000 total points
- He received 668 first place votes, which is 9th all time.
- Winston had the 7th largest margin of victory at 1,501 points.
- He received 82% of the total possible points based on ballots received.
- He is the 19th winner from an undefeated team (regular season).
- At 19 years, 342 days, he is the youngest player to win the Heisman.
That’s all for tonight. We’ll have more breakdown of the vote tomorrow.Powered by Sidelines